Hey ladies, i have been on vacation these past two to three weeks therefore i haven't updated, but I'm back on TRACK!!
Yesterday was national tequila day; so i was browsing thro the internet trying to find a summery tequila-cocktail and i came across this FRUITY drink.
This is a mixture of watermelon, tequila, mint, blueberries, and lime juice.
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
8 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 3/4 cups blueberries
3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
1 1/4 cups silver tequila
1. In a small saucepan, bring the water to a simmer with the sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute; let the sugar syrup cool.
2. In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
3. In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the lime juice, blueberries and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, lightly muddle the blueberries and mint
4. Add the watermelon juice and tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
5. Pour the cocktail into tall ice-filled glasses. Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.
Makes 8 drinks.
Watermelon-Tequila Cocktails From Bobby Flay
Are you ladies going to try this drink ??