Friday, June 19, 2009

Stephanie Pratt




In the recent issue of Us Weekly, Stephanie Pratt opened up for the first time about her struggle with bulimia. Stephanie as well all know is on The Hills .She began joining the cast in 2007. After watching a scene she shot with Lauren Conrad, the 5'7" star said, "I was horrified. I remember saying “I can't believe how huge I look walking over to LC.'" Then the awful cycle of binging and purging began. When filming in Hawaii with female cast members clad in only bikinis, Stephanie wore a bathing suit and a cover-up. When she asked costar Audrina Patridge what looked better, "shirt on or off," and Audrina responded "On," Pratt really felt the pressures to be thin. Stephanie said she never felt pressure directly from the producers, but she said, "It's embarrassing working with skinny girls."


What do you girls think about this?? Have you ever felt pressure from your peers or co-workers to be "skinny"?


Also fathers day is coming up; is this Sunday. I still haven't bought my daddy anything but I will tomorrow that is my goal for tomorrow :p Do any of you girls have a idea??

11 comments:

Rai said...

I really hate how she tries to blame others for her being sick.
SMH! Wonder if she is still sick.

I'm naturally thin. People can have something to say if they want, but I could careless. lol

Dana Yoshimizu said...

I know that I certainly used to and still do feel pressure to be thin. In high school it was really bad though because I had a super low self-esteem, peer pressure, and then there was presssure from my runninng coach to stay thin and "stop gaining weight becuase I was eating too much" -__-

But anyways, to your Father's Day question. I ended up getting my Dad a grill brush from Williams Sonoma since it's summer and he'll be BBQing a lot and his current grill brush is pretty old and beat up.

Karen said...

yeah; if you haven't notice she always blames her mistakes on someone "/ im defiantly not one of her biggest fans

Cupcake Couture said...

That's just too bad, but sometimes society is too hard on girls to have a certain image, and it's sad.

And as for fathers day I just got my dad a Sears gift card, can't go wrong~! :)

Haute World said...

I never really liked her (or her brother and sis-in-law for that matter), but I agree that blaming bulimia on others is a bit lame. I can understand that the pressures of being thin are especially high in Hollywood and if you're living in the public eye, but there are plenty of celebrities that don't really care and maintain a healthy body weight without having to binge and purge. Lovely blog by the way! :)

. said...

I've felt depressed before after flipping through Vogue/Elle or Japanese/Chinese fashion mags =_= It's like..OMG I'm so fat compared to them!

Although I don't mind being with people that are skinnier than me..Unless they're really pretty. In which case I feel that I need to lose weight xD

...

I just sent my daddy a father's day card..I can never think of anything to get him either!

Amy said...

If it's true it sucks! But I just get the feeling that anyone who had bulimia or an eating disorder that recently -- would be mortified to have a photo of themselves in a bikini for the entire world to see. You don't get over the body image issues that quickly if it's a serious eating disorder. Maybe it's her last name that makes me think everything she does is just for publicity :)

acutelife said...

I feel I need to get skinny but not bcoz of other skinny girls,more for health reasons :D

Anonymous said...

I think steph is fine . And she should just love her body and the way that it is .

:)

Anonymous said...

Ugh, i haven't figured out on what to get for my dad. They are so hard to get gifts for. Maybe a shirt. Anyways, its sad to hear about weight issues that celebs go through,..

Aline said...

It is so hard to place the blame on anyone directly for her issues...